Monday, May 9, 2011

Rachel McAdams Talks Romaticism, Owen Wilson with Elle

Showing off her adorable looks as the magazine's latest cover girl, Rachel McAdams adorns the front page of the June 2011 issue of Elle.


The 32-year-old actress posed for a stunning spread shot by Alexei Hay while opening up to Elle about topics including her relationship experiences, working with Owen Wilson and being a romantic.


Highlights from Rachel's Elle interview are as follows. For more, visit Elle!


On her expectations for relationships: “You grow up and you assume that everyone is like that, and you quickly realize that they’re not, and then you have those days when you wonder if you’re going to find it for yourself. It’s such a hard thing to find. I think it was more that realization that rocked me.”


On being hesitant to take on certain roles: “Sometimes I don’t think I’m the best person for the job. That was the case with Morning Glory. Sometimes I think, Really? You see me as this? Just because I don’t see myself that way, does that mean I shouldn’t do it? I tend to go, Is this the right decision? What are the ramifications of doing this part? You can start to overanalyze. But once I make the decision, it’s full steam ahead.'


On working with Owen Wilson: “It’s definitely a different dynamic from the last time we were together. It wasn’t as fun being mean. I love that Woody likes good guys to be good guys and bad guys to be bad guys. Owen seemed to respond really well when I was a really bad guy.”


On her role in Mean Girls: “With Mean Girls, I originally auditioned for the part that Lindsay Lohan played. I wouldn’t have seen myself playing Regina at all. But when I read the script, I thought, Oh, this part is way more fun; I wonder who will play that.…”


On being a romantic: “I am. When Billie Holiday comes on, I can’t help but be transported—and I’m sure it wasn’t as romantic then at all—but that’s the wonderful part of my job: dressing up and walking down the street in New York or Toronto, pretending I’m in the ’40s.”


On finding inspiration in her parents’ marriage: “[They are] Still together and still in love. I’m very blessed that way. I had a great example of love in front of me, and that’s probably what makes me such a romantic, because I’ve seen it firsthand.”